As a patient of CIC Associates you have the right to:
1. Considerate and respectful care.
2. Knowledge of the name of the physician who has primary responsibility for coordination of your care and the names and professional relationships of other physicians who will be seeing you.
3. Receive information from your physician about your illness, your course of treatment,evaluation of your pain and your prospects for recovery in terms that you can understand.
4. Participate actively in decisions regarding your medical care, including the right to refuse treatment and to be made aware of changes in your medical condition.
5. Confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to your care.Per HIPAA regulations written permission shall be obtained before we will release or discuss medical/financial information regarding your care. You will be asked to complete a comunication release form.
6. Be informed by your physician or nurse regarding continuing health care requirements as well as the need for return appointments.
7. Communication by CIC physician to your primary care giver to facilitate continuity of care.
8. Examine and receive an explanation of your bill regardless of the source of payment.
9. Receive prompt attention to your complaints, questions and/or concerns from the appropriate source.
10. It is my responsibility to keep my appointments as instructed, notify CIC staff of any changes in my health status, cooperate with the health care providers and treat them with respect and consideration.
11. To exercise these rights regardless of your sex, cultural, economic, educational or religious background.
What We Do....
Care of patients is performed by our medical specialists in either an inpatient or outpatient setting. It is the goal of our physicians to provide this diversified and versatile care of patients in the highest professional manner.
The medical practice, which is also known as CIC Associates, is pleased to provide this web site which includes a directory of our services and biographical sketches of our physicians for your use. Please call us at any time if we can be of assistance to you and your patients.
CIC Associates is a referral-based practice. This means that a primary care physician or another specialist refers patients to our practice to evaluate a problem.