Patients' Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient of CIC Associates, P.C., you have the right to the following:
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Knowledge of the name of the physician who has primary responsibility for coordination of your care and the names and professional relationships of other physicians who will be seeing you.
- Receive information from your physician about your illness, your course of treatment, evaluation of your pain, and your prospects for recovery in terms that you can understand.
- Participate actively in decisions regarding your medical care, including the right to refuse treatment and to be made aware of changes in your medical condition.
- Confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to your care. Per HIPAA regulations, written permission shall be obtained before we release or discuss medical/financial information regarding your care. You will be asked to complete a communication release form.
- Be informed by your physician or nurse regarding continuing health care requirements as well as the need for return appointments.
- Communication by CIC Associates, P.C. to your primary care giver to facilitate continuity of care.
Examine and receive an explanation of your bill regardless of the source of payment.
- Receive prompt attention to your complaints, questions, and/or concerns from the appropriate source.
- To exercise these rights regardless of your sex, cultural, economic, educational or religious background.
As a patient of CIC Associates, P.C., you are responsible for the following:
- Keeping Appointments as Scheduled
- Notifying Our Staff of Any Changes in Health Status
- Cooperating With Your Healthcare Providers
- Treating Your Healthcare Providers With Respect & Consideration